4OC in Local Government
4OC’s Local Government team is expertly equipped to support organisations in defining their strategies and how they effectively deliver them to improve customer experience and value for money of public spend.
Our team brings together a breadth of leadership, operational, commercial and change management experience to support a wide range of projects across services, helping you to both build resilience and enhance the value to your residents.
What’s on your mind?
- Are you looking for ways to manage competing priorities between statutory and customer requirements?
- Do you want better oversight on organisational performance in real time?
- Do you need to build resilience in your organisation to meet competing demands of delivery and change?
- Do you need to connect with your residents and communities in a meaningful and collaborative way?
- Are you maximising partnership and public sector collaboration opportunities to build sustainable services?
- Do your teams have the right digital tools to help them be efficient?
How can we help?
We have the knowledge and experience to help you solve your challenges and use our network of contacts to foster multi-agency working.
Together, we can unravel almost any complex issue to make the greatest impact.
A snapshot of some of our clients
Birmingham City Council
Root and branch service review, Transformation programme management and delivery
Adult Social Care options appraisal
Peterborough City Council and Cambridgeshire County Council
Adult Social Care, LATCo, PES
Southend Borough Council
Customer Services improvement through technology sourcing and digital channel shift programme
West Northamptonshire Council
Strategy development, ALMO partnering and relationship management
Epsom and Ewell Council
Planning, Development and Enforcement Business Process Reengineering and resource modelling
Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils
Customer Services support
Leicestershire County Council
Full Business Case for Single Point of Access for health and social care for nine organisations