Virtual Performance Management
We quickly create appropriate performance frameworks and design the MI to support performance conversations, both with individuals and teams.
Managing remote teams is here to stay. After the initial flurry of getting people home working, dealing with the immediate challenges and breaking new collaborative ground, there is the threat of falling back to old ways of working, although it may feel very different.
The cracks that hindered yesterday’s performance will start to spread and grow if not properly managed and whether we like it or not, virtual teams do come with their own unique challenge – with people struggling to use technology and losing a sense of belonging or even purpose.
1. We work with the leadership team to set a clear purpose and then define outcomes, which may have changed. Key to this is being really clear about how teams and individuals are going to help to achieve those outcomes and how their input contributes to the overall objectives of the organisation. We define and co-create the team principles that enable good behaviours.
2. We build into the management processes space for creativity and social and wellbeing activities. We develop meeting principles that get everyone’s voice into the virtual room and keep it there, coaching meeting owners to make sure those principles are lived in each meeting
3. We ensure that the digital tools that are in place, allow everyone to share, to collaborate fully and to connect
4. We help crystallise and quantify risks and opportunities and build in processes that systematically review these and the impact on performance
Our solution to enable virtual teams maintain and increase productivity by designing and then delivering a co-designed framework and rapidly move it to business as usual with the following outputs:
- Revised objectives set for the expected period of remote working
- Revised KPIs
- Business intelligence/management information requirements
- A schedule of frequent frontline team meeting that systematically gather operational insight, as well as setting actions and priorities
- A targeted communication and engagement approach with staff, customers and wider stakeholders
- An updated performance management framework
- Risks and opportunities management framework
- Tactical monitoring and improvement tools